My corner of the web including beauty and plus size fashion reviews, music, and movies too!

Subscribe

Friday, December 9, 2011

Only a Grad Student

I'm very close to the end of my time in grad school. It has been two and a half long, hard years and I'm ecstatic about it being over. They told me grad school would be challenging in my admissions interview, but I never imagined just how hard it could be! Folks, let me tell ya! ....It ain't easy!

I've had a lot of good times as a grad student. I met some great folks along the way and learned some valuable lessons about life. It has been a hard journey through the trenches and I'm coming out with scars and bulletholes.

Ever had to pay just to work for free? lol only in grad school...it's called an internship and you do this cause you're a grad student!

You're not quite a professional, but not quite a lowly undergraduate student either *sticks nose in the air* What are you? You're a grad student!

You hustle for your summer and Christmas breaks by selling back textbooks ..Cause after all you did have to purchase four per class. Why? Cause you're a grad student!

People wonder what's wrong with you because you call yourself going to "work" every day (and looking quite professional when you do), but you never have money and you have no benefits. Why does this happen? Cause you're a grad student working for free or for pennies (that's called a grad assistantship).

Grad school is a truly rewarding experience, so let's not forget that. There is so much to be learned throughout the journey. But I have to keep it real...there's no glitz and glamour, so leave your make up bags and good clothes back at home. ..what? I'm just sayin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome here!